Renting To Own PRIVACY STATEMENT
Your privacy is important to Renting to Own. This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that Renting to Own collects, and the ways in which Renting to Own uses that personal information.
Personal information collection
Renting to Own may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your use of this website (including name, email, contact number)
- information that you provide using for the purpose of registering with the website (including including name, email, contact number);
- information about transactions carried out over this website (including credit card details)
- information that you provide for the purpose of subscribing to the website services
- Any other information that you send to Renting to Own.
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation
- Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters
Using personal information
Renting to Own may use your personal information to:
- administer the website;]
- improve your browsing experience by personalizing the website;]
- enable your use of the services available on the website;]
- send you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website;]
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;]
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;]
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;]
- send you [our newsletter and other] marketing communications relating to our business [or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties] which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (and you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);]i
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;]
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;]
- keep the website secure and prevent fraud;]
- verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of the website [(including monitoring private messages sent through our website private messaging service)]
- Send you marketing communications.
Where Renting to Own discloses your personal information to its agents or sub-contractors for these purposes, the agent or sub-contractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement.
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, Renting to Own may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We [may] use [both] [“session” cookies] [and “persistent” cookies] on the website. [Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser.] [Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.] [We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website; keep track of items in your shopping basket; prevent fraud and increase website security] [We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you visit; keep track of your preferences in relation to your use of our website.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer (version 9) you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block All Cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
Securing your data
Renting to Own will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Renting to Own will store all the personal information you provide [on its secure servers].[Information relating to electronic transactions entered into via this website will be protected by encryption technology.]
Cross-border data transfers
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
(a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
(b) in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
(c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);[(d) to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and [(e) to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.]
Updating this statement
This website contains links to other websites. Renting to Own is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.